Connect here with Villages that are sprouting up in communities across the country. Because together we have the power and means to design our own futures and keep control of our own lives.
The 5th Annual National Village Gathering
Gateway to Connected Living: The Village Movement
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch, St. Louis, MO
November 11-13, 2013
Share, Discover and Grow!
We are pleased to share with you a recent research report released by Rutgers University and the University of California-Berkeley presents a national "snapshot" of Villages in the U.S. The report presents finding from a national survey conducted in 2012 regarding Villages' organizational characteristics, finances, community settings, membership statistics, services, activities, governance and collaborations. For more information about the study and to view other publications, see agingandcommunity.org.
Click below to read the study:
Bringing Together the Power of the Movement!
Is there a Village near me?
- Grant Opportunity! The Stranahan Foundation is seeing Letters of Inquiry by May 1st - Click here to learn more!
- Radio! A Village for Petaluma Seniors? Villages are on the radio too - listen here!
- NY TIMES! For Modern Retirees, There's No Place Like Home - Read now!
- New Article! Another new article shared by Ashby Village - The New Retirement: A Vital Mix of Learning and Love - Read here!
- Ohio Villages! Check out the latest article on Villages - Retirees find help that will allow them to remain at home - Click here to read!
- New Article! Great new article in the San Francisco Chronicle that has generated lots of new interest in the Village Movement! Click here to read!
- New on Radio! Dr. Scharlach and Mike Babock of Pasadena Village talk about the Village Movement on 89.3 KPCC - Read more and listen Here!
- New Blog Post! Eastside Village in Portland, OR provides a helpful list of committees to consider forming to assist with the start up of your Village! Read Here!
- Press Release! Village to Village Network awards $55,950 to Villages to Create Sustainable Models to Support Aging in Community! Read more here.
You can read many more articles written about Villages and Village to Village Network here!